Sunday, November 8, 2015

Review: November 9 by Colleen Hoover

20875599
November 9 by Colleen Hoover
Publisher-  Atria Books
Released- Nov 10th 2015
Purchase- Amazon / B & N / Chapters

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day of her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.
My Thoughts:
I just realized something I do, or rather, say to myself ever time I read a Colleen Hoover book, and only when I read a Colleen Hoover book. It always starts the same way, I'll read the first page and be instantly absorbed seconds in, then I'll hit a line that I found clever, a piece of dialogue that was witty or a whole passage that's thoughtful and meaningful and then there is that moment when the plot twist comes into play, and it's then that I breath out the words; Dame, she's good! My favorite part of reading Hoover's books is that I never quite know what kind of feels I'm going to experience and that's something I'll never get tired of. That's really saying something since I'm not a big contemporary romance fan to begin with, so to always expect and look forward to originality and unpredictability for this genre is rather rare for me and yet, I do every single time I reach for Hoover's latest release. 

November 9, is a brilliant, funny and touching story that I couldn't help fall instantly in love with. Ben and Fallon's story is a very unique one. They met when they were 18 years old at a very unusually circumstance, but after they spent the entire day together they realized that they made an undeniable connection that they didn't want to lose despite Fallon leaving for NY that very night. So, they made a pact to see each other every year on November 9th for 5 years, till the age of 23. But they have absolutely no contact with one another during the year. No social media and no exchanged phone numbers. Just a promise that they will live their lives and meet again. But they never realized that night that even though this may have started out as pretend, it became the most real that either of them have ever experienced.

Dame, I cant get over this book! Colleen Hoover has written some great books and they have all touched me in different ways, but for some reason this one really took a piece of my heart. I think I loved how realistic it felt but in such an unrealistic concept. I mean, who really does this? Meet a guy or girl and make a connection so hugely that they are willing to meet year after year with no contact? But that is what's so amazing about this. It feels like it could happen. Y'all can say what you want about insta-love, you either hate it or love it, but for me? In this book? I think we could all use more of this kind of insta-love in our lives. It was quite precious.

Ben and Fallon are such perfectly flawed characters that made so many stupid and wonderful mistakes and decisions down the long road of November 9th. But I loved them both and wanted to shake them both throughout the entire length of their story.
Ben is absolutely amazing. Seriously, I loved this guy. He's funny and impulsive and he can be such a guy in that teenage immature but still charming way. But what I loved about him the most was how he saw Fallon and how devoted he was to her. My heart bleed for all of his scars, even if the reader didn't know they were there till much later. Fallon was also an amazing character, but I have to admit I think I wanted to shake her straight the most. She's had to endure some horrible things in her past but I was proud of her for believing in herself and not giving up on her dreams. I loved the version she became when she was with Ben. She felt so alive and free and infectiously happy but I hated that she kept walking away. I hated that she let her old doubts and insecurities break her with out even hearing an explanation.

Bottom line, this book was so beautiful, I loved every single line, every single moment and every single feels it placed in my heart. I also have to say that I had the biggest dame grin when I saw that one of my favorite couples from one of Hoover's books made a small cameo appearance. It made my heart so flippin' happy!! Hoover has done it again and I can't wait for her next book and to expect the unexpected all over again. Well done!

Find the author:
Goodreads / Website                                 5 Snowflakes

2 comments:

  1. This'll be my first solo CoHo book, so I'm looking forward to reading it. I'm also ready for Never Never #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it! I'm waiting till the third Never Never book to come out before reading them all. I heard it has the worst evil cliffy evah! lol Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete